Friday, December 7, 2012

Beautiful Mystery -

You have searched me, Wakan Tanka, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Great Mystery, know it completely. You surround me behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the mountains, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me, even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your winter count before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O Wakinyan! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand when I awake, I am still with you. (Psalm 139:1-18 "The Moosage")

O Wakan Tanka,

Knowing what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for which You are restoring me, Your new heaven and earth, and the mission you have given me. To share with others Your love, grace and mercy, and impart to them the HOPE I have come to know.  May words, and even more so my actions speak of You my Savior and my God.  And, I know that to do this I must remain humble and submissive.

One thing I have asked of You Great Mystery,
This is what I seek:
That I may dwell in Your House
All the days of my life
To behold your beauty and seek You in Your Creation.

Even my faith is a gift from you God, even that I seek you is by Your Grace.

And my desire is to seek you with all my heart and soul, with all my mind and strength.  Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy, may it be so.  May heart be totally and continually inclined toward You all the remaining days of my life.

I lift up my eyes to the hills, but where does my help come from?  To whom shall we go Lord?  You alone have the words of eternal life, and we have believed and have come to know that You are the Holy One of God.

Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ, King of endless glory.  Praise to the Father, Wakan Tanka, Great Mystery Who is love, Praise to Your Spirit, Wakinyan, Who guides us!

Amene.

[Moose daily prayer]

No comments:

Post a Comment