Friday, April 20, 2012

Evangelism -

For many, that word conjures up visions of some "in-your-face" obnoxious religious nut. And, there may be some truth to that in some, or many, instances?!

Honestly, the best evangelism for Christ Jesus sake, is to imitate His character, including; humility, grace, mercy, compassion and kindness. It's simple logic. You can talk about Him and His Kingdom all you want, but if people don't see you acting like Him . . . well, would you want anything to do with Him if all you saw in His purported followers was judgmental critical attitudes and noisy obnoxious proselytizers?!

"Lifestyle" evangelism is the best evangelism, because it exhibits His LOVE. Without that . . . it's all "banging gong or clanging cymbal", not necessarily inviting.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Help me imitate You in my life more each day until my life is "hidden" in You, and You draw others to Yourself. Then by Your Spirit give me words of love and grace to share my own story when the opportunity arises.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment