Sunday, March 13, 2011

Some thoughts during this season of Lent

It’s probably not an epiphany or new revelation for others, but I have come to “see” that inner healing, discipleship, spiritual formation, forgiveness, repentance and more are all comingled, interrelated, interdependent . . . in union, just as the Holy Trinity are in union. As we grasp this, as we claim this Truth and thank God for it all, this Kingdom life becomes real for us, and we truly begin to live our Eternal lives here and now.

The renewal of the church [of Christian community] will come from a new type of monasticism, which has only in common with the old an uncompromising allegiance to the Sermon on the Mount. It is high time men and women banded together to do this. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Life Together & The Cost of Discipleship

Blessed are . . . meek, poor in spirit, peacemakers, those who hunger and thirst . .


Dynamic and erratic, spontaneous and radical, audacious and immature, committed if not altogether coherent, ecumenically open and often experimental, visible here and there, now and then, but unsettled institutionally. Almost monastic in nature but most of all... enacting a fearful hope for human life in society. William Stringfellow

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19

Looking down I saw (the entire western world). The treetops upon the hills and the clustered clouds hid the people. Suddenly small, flickering lights appeared. They were scattered all over the isles. I came closer to the land. The light was firelight. There were fires burning from the top of (the continents) to land's end. Lightning streaked downward from the sky above me. I saw it touch down with lashing swiftness, exploding each of the fires into streams of light. Like lava, they burned their fiery path downward from the top to land's end. The waters did not stop them, but the fire spread across the seas to (the rest of the world.). Then the Lord said: I will penetrate the darkness with a visitation of My power. With lightning swiftness I will release the power of my Spirit through a renewed people who have learned how to be led by the Spirit. They will explode with a witness that will touch every part of society. I'm strategically placing them to touch the farms, villages, towns and cities. No one will be without a witness whether they be children in the schools, farmers in the fields, workers in the factories and docks, students in the universities and colleges, the media, the press, the arts or government. I seemed to see an army of all types of people moving into the continent with a compassionate ministry - participating, caring communities involved with each other at a grass-roots level, sharing the love of God everywhere. I saw the empty cradles of (western civilization), her churches, holding a new generation of Christian leaders. Jean Darnall, Heaven, Here I Come (adapted from)

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Revelation 21:5

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corinthians 5:17

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

Behold, I have seen the Light and will never again walk in darkness, for even the darkness is as light to Him. Da Moose

No comments:

Post a Comment