Monday, December 28, 2009

bumper sticker relition and politics

“Darwin said it, I believe it, that settles it.” No doubt you’ve seen this one, it’s a “comeback” to the “God said it” stickers. Its funny (or tragic, depending on how you look at it) that deeply complex subjects are often boiled down to cliché sayings.

On that particular one, I always wonder about the owner of that sticker/car? I also wonder what Darwin truly said, what he meant, and finally what he believed himself ultimately in the end? I suspect that nothing is truly “settled”, and true scientists (open minded seekers vs. closed minded people who call themselves scientists) would never be so frivolous with the “truth”. To do otherwise is tantamount to intellectual suicide, I’m sure God doesn’t suggest this.

No comments:

Post a Comment