Thursday, March 14, 2013

Winterpast -



Out of dormant branches and "dead" seed spring explodes forth with new life.  And, those we have lost spring forth too into new life.  For, He IS making all things new.  And, in this “season” of Creation it would seem He is recreating His Son’s Church as well?!  Something is indeed happening to the Body of Christ.

Do feel His warm breath even now as those heavy but gentle footsteps come ever closer?  Yes, Aslan is on the move, and His people with Him.

Isaiah 43:19 & Rev. 21:5, the promises are true:

“See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.”

And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.”

Dynamic and erratic, spontaneous and radical, audacious and immature, committed if not altogether coherent, ecumenically open and often experimental, visible here and there, now and then, but unsettled institutionally.   Almost monastic in nature but most of all... enacting a fearful hope for human life in society.
William Stringfellow

Looking down I saw Scotland, England, Wales and to the Northwest, Ireland. [Africa, Oceana, and all of Europe and Asia, Latin America too, even North America!]  The treetops upon the hills and the clustered clouds hid the people. Suddenly small, flickering lights appeared. They were scattered all over the isles. I came closer to the land. The light was firelight. There were fires burning from the top of Scotland to Land's End on the tip of Cornwall. [From one pole to the other]  Lightning streaked downward from the sky above me. I saw it touch down with flashing swiftness, exploding each of the fires into streams of light. Like lava, they burned their fiery path downward from the top of Scotland to Land's End. The waters did not stop them, but the fire spread across the seas to Ireland and to Europe.  [To the ends of the earth!]

Then the Lord said: I will penetrate the darkness with a visitation of My power. With lightning swiftness I will release the power of my Spirit through a renewed people who have learned how to be led by the Spirit. They will explode with a witness that will touch every part of society in Britain. [Every part of Creation]  I'm strategically placing them to touch the farms, villages, towns and cities. No one will be without a witness whether they be children in the schools, farmers in the fields, workers in the factories and docks, students in the universities and colleges, the media, the press, the arts or government.

I seemed to see an army of all types of people moving into the continent(s) with a compassionate ministry - participating, caring communities involved with each other at a grass-roots level, sharing the love of God everywhere. I saw the empty cradles of Europe [and North America], her churches, holding a new generation of Christian leaders.
Jean Darnall, “Heaven, Here I Come"

Simple, organic, “Church”, the Body of Christ manifested in the world . . . disciples following in obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment