Sunday, January 15, 2012

religion or relationship –

I’ve come more and more to realize that I care not necessarily if my children “go to church”, but I care deeply that they know God and His love for them. And, that is actually what I desire for everyone I meet along the road. Corporate worship and fellowship may come, but to know of God and His love, and then, to KNOW God personally, that is it, what matters most. I want my children to turn to God in all things and times, whether good or bad. To find their strength and guidance from Him, and to become more like Jesus every day; loving, compassionate, humble, forgiving . . . to live “abundant lives” as He promised.

“I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

Lord have mercy, may my actions and life reflect you more truly and deeply than my feeble words. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment