Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Personal Daily "Office"

My daily “office”: (slowly and deliberately, listening for His voice)

In Your Name Heavenly Father, in Your Name Lord Jesus Christ, in Your Name Holy Spirit.
Knowing what lies ahead, a new heaven and new earth, I press on toward the goal for which You are restoring me.

One thing I ask of you Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in Your house all the days of my life, to behold Your beauty and seek You in Your temple.

Even my faith is a gift from You Lord, even that I seek you is by Your Grace.
“And who is it that you seek my child?” I seek You Lord God, with all my heart and soul, with all my mind and strength. Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy, may it be so.

Yes, I seek You Lord Jesus, the Way to the Father with Your Spirit as my guide. In this way I bind unto myself daily Your Holy Trinity, Your Three In One.

I life up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? To whom shall we go Lord?
You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed and come to know that You are the Holy One of God. Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ, King of endless glory.

Readings, prayers & meditations – (Psalms, OT & NT, inserted here, and again listening, with added supplications and intercessions, as well as thanksgiving.)

Christ as light illumine and guide me. Christ as a shield, overshadow me. Christ above me, Christ below me. Christ before me, Christ behind me. Christ beside me, on my left and on my right. This day be within and without me. Lowly and meek, yet all-powerful, be in the heart of each to whom I speak, be in my heart as well. Be in the mouth of each who speaks to me; be in my mouth as well. Lowly and meek, yet all powerful, Christ as a light, Christ as a shield, Christ beside me, on my left and on my right.

(as sung by the Father and the Spirit to us):
“May the Peace of the Lord Christ go with you, wherever He may send you. May He guide you through the wilderness, protect you through the storm. May He bring you home rejoicing at the wonders He has shown you. May He bring you home rejoicing once again into our doors.”

In Your Name Heavenly Father, in Your Name Lord Jesus Christ, in Your Name Holy Spirit. I bind unto myself this day and forever Your Holy Trinity. AMEN.

[adapted from Celtic Daily Prayer]

In this way I experience sweet daily communion with the Creator of the Universe and lover of my soul. Such is His outrageous Grace and Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment