Monday, April 4, 2011

Following Jesus

What shall I tell you about my soul? It is still more or less as you knew it, I still have a lot to do about humility, obedience, charity, meditation too, and many other things; it seems to me t where my soul is concerned I lose rather than gain; I ought to admit this as a tragic certainty; the only thing, basically, that prevents me from doing so, that prevents me from admitting this sad fact, is my huge desire for it not to be true. I have no humility, no simplicity. What a huge sheet of paper I would need to enumerate all that I have too little of and all that I have too much of! Charles de Foucauld

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. Romans 7:15
For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Romans 7:19

You are powerful over Your creatures. You can do all things in me. Give me a right mind; give me the wisdom that You promise to all who ask for it. Convert my heart and through all eternity. I ask this in the name of our Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen. Amen. Amen. Charles de Foucauld

I and rejoice in will be glad you;
I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:2

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: Romans 1:16a

Je veux crier l’Evangile toute ma vie, avec ma vie . . . Oui, et avec toute ma vie! Le Moose
(I would shout the Gospel all my life, with my life . . . yes, and with all my life!)
[in recognition of the film “des hommes et des dieux” and in memory of the Trappist monks of Algeria]

1 comment:

  1. Later this same morning I found out a dear friend and Brother in Christ took his own life. I will have more to say about this in a future post.

    ReplyDelete