Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Brief Story Of My Personal Spiritual Journey

For years I struggled along in a kind of “darkness”, seeking some inner fulfillment but not finding it. I investigated eastern philosophy and religions; Buddhism and others. I considered the “new age” movement, Native American spiritualism, and more but found no “harmonic convergence”. Atheism, Agnosticism and even Gnosticism . . . and still emptiness. The distant, nebulous religions and do-it-yourself spiritualism became a cruel joke.

Finally, through prayers of others (unbeknownst to me) and God’s “pursuit”, I discovered the one, the only “thing” . . . a being, that could fill that empty place in my heart and soul. Through Jesus Christ I found not only a savior, but an awesome, mysterious but oh so personal God that had been patiently and expectantly waiting for me to turn to Him.

My life is now a constant, perpetual “seeking” to know Him more, and to live my life in a way that pleases Him. To live for the sake of others, and hopefully to help them too find this contentment.

So, “I stand by the door”. “I live in a house by the road.” I “date the world”. All in response to the amazing Grace and Love that He has poured out on me . . . a sinner. In Name of the Three in One, the One in Three. AMEN.

Patrick Perching Eagle Watters (aka Anon E. Moose, Da Moose, Big Muddy, Da Muddy Moose, Poppa Watters, Papa, etc.)

http://pnpontheroad.blogspot.com . . . and other sites as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment