Tuesday, November 2, 2010

From Celtic Daily Prayer - Blessings

Prayers of blessing

THE TELLING PLACE
Bless us, Lord, this day with vision. May this place be a sacred place, a telling place, where heaven and earth meet.
FOR WORK
Lord, bless the work that we do;
bless it,
and keep us in Your power.
ON FOOT
Bless to me, O Lord,
the earth beneath my feet;
bless to me, O Lord,
the path I tread:
my walk this day with the Father,
my walk this day with Christ,
my walk this day with the Spirit.
I thank You for this, my God: I am a traveller and stranger in the world, like so many of Your people before me.

ON THE DEPARTURE OF A WELL-LOVED GUEST
Would it not be the beautiful thing now, if you were just coming instead of going?

TILL WE MEET AGAIN
May the road rise to meet you;
may the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face
and the rain fall softly on your fields.
Until we meet again
may God hold you
in the hollow of His hand.

A BLESSING ON SOMEONE'S JOURNEY OR ON A CHILD
I bless you, (Name)/darling one,
in the name of the Holy Three,
the Father, the Son and the Sacred Spirit.
May you drink deeply
from God's cup of joy.
May the night bring you quiet.
And when you come
to the Father's palace
may His door be open
and the welcome warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment